St Marys Indoor Shooting Centre
Please see our COVID safe information requirements here.
Changed Opening Hours - SMISC Closed until 31/7/21
Due to the COVID Health Order, the Centre will be closed until the 31st July 2021.
All safety courses and Try Shooting booked participants will be contacted over the coming days.
The range and shop are closed, all shooting events are cancelled.
If you need to return firearms to your locker, or pay your St Marys Pistol Club renewal in person, please call 0413 172 249.
Please continue to check our website and facebook page for further updates.
Volunteer Recruitment – Are you interested in being a volunteer?
One of the reasons why the SSAA and the Centre have been so successful over the years is due to the volunteer base we have.
Without volunteers we would not have the variety of matches, training and programs for the members to enjoy. Unfortunately, volunteers don’t grow on trees, so every year we do a recruitment volunteer drive to help lighten the load on our existing volunteers, many of whom have been with us for 15 years or more.
If you would be interested in giving back to the sport by becoming a volunteer for pistol or rifle competitions, or the junior development program, please see the link below for an expression of interest form.
Job Vacancy - Customer Service Supervisor
Positions are currently available for at SMISC. Please use the links below for role description, selection critera, and details on how to apply.
Service & Range Rate Increase from 1st April 2021
From the 1st April 2021, range rates and some range services will undergo a small price increase. For an updated schedule of prices, please click here.
As an indoor recreation facility to the public, we are open from 10AM to 10PM Monday to Saturday, and 10AM to 6PM on Sundays.
The range features electronically controlled target carriers that can be set at distances from 7m up to 50m, suitable for centrefire, rimfire and pistol shooting. To view the complete range rules, click here. The centre also offers firearm storage facilities for members along with a well stocked firearms dealership. The centre has a comfortable fully air-conditioned lounge area.
Pricing for range attendances is $28 for SSAA members and $38 for non-members. Discounted rates are available for SSAA penioner members, and junior shooters. Typically there is no time limit, but when a waiting list is in effect shooting time is restricted to one hour.
St Marys Indoor Shooting Centre also caters for people who want to try the sport of shooting. If you have never tried the safe, fun and unique range of shooting sports, why not book in for one of our Try Shooting Days? Under the guidance of one of our Try Shooting Instructors you will receive instruction in the safe use of firearms while learning more about the shooting sports.
Come along and Try Shooting.
The Range is also home to the St Marys Pistol Club who hold regular competition shoots including Single Action, ISSF matches and Service Pistol almost every night of the week. For more information about St Marys Pistol Club, click here.
Here are some points to consider when planning your return visit to SMISC:
- Shooting Bays cannot be shared and only one person can be in each bay at one time regardless of being in the same household. There are exceptions for minors and disabled persons, but masks must be worn. This is due to the ventilation & air flow on the ranges. Please contact the range for further information.
- Please check the Events Page and Pistol Club - Information for Members pages for updates on scheduling of events. No bookings are required for casual pistol shooting.
- Extensive social distancing measures have been taken to keep our customers and staff safe, please pay close attention to the new signage/floor markings when entering SMISC.
- All patrons are expected to comply with the centre's COVID Safety plan.
- Enclosed footwear, hearing protection and eye protection must be worn.
- Any licenced pistol shooter must provide current club membership of their club to be able to shoot at St Marys Indoor Shooting Centre.
All licences, registration papers and permits that are presented to the St Marys Indoor Shooting Centre front counter must be original documents only.
- SMISC Range Rules
- Covid Safe Info Sheet - Conditions of Entry
- Service & Range Rate Increase 2021
- Frequently Asked Questions
- SMISC April 2021 Calendar
- SMISC May 2021 Calendar
- Job Vacancy - Customer Service Supervisor
- Volunteer Recruitment